Notes provide context and information about a situation or action. Notes draw the users attention to a circumstance relevant to an action they're performing or a screen they're accessing. Don't confuse notes with notifications, which appear as feedback after a user has performed an action.
Table of contents
How to use Note
- Use an adequate note type to communicate the right kind of information
- Place the note visually closer to the action or real estate it relates to
- Unlike notifications, notes don't show up as feedback only after a user has performed an action
The Note component can be configured in a number of different ways. Learn when to use certain variations with this guide.
Note with title (
- Use clear and succinct copy
- Ensure the copy is easily scannable. Focus on the objective and limit the number of concepts in each sentence
- Use progressive disclosure. Eliminate details that can be revealed as the user interacts and requires more information
- Use active voice, present tense, and consider tone of voice depending on the circumstance
- To add additional context, link out to documentation
- Do not preface the instructions with introductory text, such as "please"
|MouseEventHandler<HTMLButtonElement>||Callback for handling closing|
|string||Sets title in the Note|
|NoteVariant||Determines style variation of Note component|
|Defines if the close button should be rendered|
|ReactNode||Children of Note|
|string||CSS class to be appended to the root element|
|string||A [data-test-id] attribute used for testing purposes|