Pills represent a set of one or multiple objects which can be entered or changed by the user. By default, pills can be removed by the user. When necessary, the order of pills can be changed by the user using drag and drop. They are used to represent complex entities in small blocks such as contact details. Contentful Pills are are used to render transition locales and tag elements.
Table of contents
How to use Pill
- use Pill to represent data like contact details or tagging
- it can be used for web content that needs to be labeled, categorized, or organized using keywords that describe them.
Example of usage with draggable and close option
Example of the Pill component with dragHandle, in that case Icon.
- Be sure the pill text is clear and concise.
- Label value is passed in the component as a title in the span element, like follows
- The default drag component has a
aria-label="Drag handler", custom drag handle components should also include an
aria-label, as shown on the example
|required||string||Text that will be shown on the pill|
|ReactNode||Custom component to be used as handler for the drag functionality.|
|() => void||Function that handles when the close icon is clicked. Close icon visibility depends on if this property is set.|
|() => void||Function that handles when the pill is dragged. Drag icon visibility depends on if this property is set.|
|Determines style variation of Pill component|
|string||CSS class to be appended to the root element|
|string||A [data-test-id] attribute used for testing purposes|